In honor of all things thankful, my little list:
- oh your sweet kisses! I hope you always give your mama kisses.
- playing with your mama's hair. you always take a lock between your little fingers when you are tired or nervous. It's your security blanket and I know it won't last for long. but it's just the sweetest.
- your pure joy when daddy comes home from work.
- the way you communicate with your eyes. your words are few, but your expressions convey a thousand words.
- and you have the most beautiful eyes. seriously.
- the little blond curls at the nape of your neck
- when you sing with me
- tickle, tickle, tickle. oh how you love to be tickled!
- the way you rush to the kitchen when you hear the sizzle of a frying pan. you want to watch daddy cook and be right in the middle of the action.
-your laugh. you have the best little kid laugh I've ever heard.
- how you are able to stand up, straight and tall. this is no small feat for you. you have worked so hard to make it to this point.
- that you are able to walk! this dream for your life came true after a very long battle. so thankful for the freedom it provides.
- your breakthrough with eating. so proud.
- how you walk right into your classroom, confident and ready.
- for your teachers, therapists, and medical team. we have it so good.
- the perspective you have given us - about life, about what is important - invaluable.
- the richness of our life because of you. we wouldn't have it any other way.
Thanks, buddy. I love you.